Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100th Post

Happenstance. Obama's first 100 days coincide with my first 100 posts on this blog. My last 100 days have certainly been better than my boyfriend's, I mean Obama.

1. The economy, basically the 2nd Depression.

2. Pirates.

3. North Korea

4. Iraq

5. Afghanistan

6. Swine Flu

7. Mexican Drug Lords (WTF is up with Mexico lately? I always thought of Mexico as our friendly neighbors over the backyard fence.)

8. Rush Limbaugh.

I am tired and drawing a blank on the other shenanigans that have gone on in his first 100 days. I am sure I can think of more if I put my mind to it.

In the spirit of the last 100 days/posts I am going to re-print my 1st post for this blog.

"I started this new blog because I feel responsible for blowing up my mom's club. Now it's cleaving into 2 groups and I am a member of neither! Me and my big mouth. The story is long and complicated, but funny in a squirmy-I-am-so-glad-I-am-not-her kind of way. I will get to that later.

When bitching and moaning about the fact that the newer members of my old mom's club were rather stodgy, I got so many emails and calls from friends in and out of that particular mom's club telling me that judgemental, prudish women were common! Really? And then I had to defend my old mom's club, saying, "Oh no we used to be really cool and mellow we just got too big. And then some conservative chicks joined and it went downhill.".

But alot of mom's were adamant that the majority of women in any mom's club are stuck-up, prudish and just plain mean. How sad. So 2 friends of mine started an informal group of moms and asked me to be an honorary "leader" since I am the one who started the need for a group of moms that aren't uptight. I also started this blog because I wanted a place where I could share stories, thoughts and activities of moms who don't get their panties in a bunch over nothing! So that's why I started this blog.

So let's see how this pans out."

Go back to 2008 if you wanna know how all of this started.



No comments: