Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekly < 30 minute Recipe #7

I always thought pizza dough was complicated. I assumed you had to let it rise and roll it out and toss it up in the sky (which Michael begs me to do). But you don't have to do all that. If you just want some straight up, no fuss pizza then this recipe is for you. This will not be less than 3o minutes but if you hustle you can make it in 30 minutes.


I will have the pizza dough recipe for you below but I will leave toppings up to you. I use Contadina Pizza Squeeze for sauce. Just grab the bottle and spttt, squeeze it over the crust, super easy. And I just use a pre-grated Colby Cheddar-Jack mix, go easy. The beauty of this crust is that it makes a ton! I roll mine out into a huge square broiler pan (minus the broiler grate thingy) and it feeds me, Erik, Jake and Bekah for Friday and Saturday night (Mike doesn't eat pizza, he just likes to help make it).

I am going to base the Weight Watchers points on this for 2 squares of cheese and veggie pizza (veggies are zero points). A square serving being the size of your palm, 5 points each square for a total of 10 points. Eat some salad to fill up, trust me I can eat 6 squares with parmesan and Ranch dressing but I am trying to behave.





INGREDIENTS 3 cups all-purpose flour 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast 2 tablespoons olive oil1 teaspoon salt 1/2 Tablespoon white sugar 1 cup warm water (110 degrees, I never measure personally)Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Dust your hands and rolling pin (or wine/beer bottle) with some flour and spread out on a large pizza/broiler pan. Top as desired.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes on top rack of oven.

Topping suggestions: red pepper rings, thinly sliced onion rings, fresh tomato slices, mushrooms, etc.

No comments: