Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekly < 30 Minutes Recipe #1

I need to look smoking hot for my 20 year high school reunion, or at least luke warm. So I need to lose weight. So I need to eat healthy. Fuck Rachel Ray, I need recipes that are less than 30 minutes. Erik and I eat usually eat after the kids are in bed, so I need something that I can make in less than 30 minutes because I am just too damn tired to remain standing any longer than that.



I was half-heartedly following this woman's blog where she made 365 crockpot recipes. One for every day of the year. That is super cool. I am not that organized. How about I promise at least one less than 30 minute recipe a week?






This first one I made the other night and it was super tasty! Bacon-Cheese-Turkey-Burger with Special Sauce. I figured out the Weight Watcher's points for it as well, if you are into that kind of thing.



Bacon-Cheese-Turkey Burger with Special Sauce


Sauce:

1 Tbs. Mayonaisse
1 Tbs. Fat free Sour Cream
2 Tbs. ketchup
1 tsp. sweet pickle relish
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of Apple Cider Vinegar
Stir all together and throw in fridge, until you need it.
Burgers:
1.25 lb. package Lean ground turkey meat
1 Tbs. bacon bits (real bacon I used Hormel brand found in salad dressing aisle)
1/4 cup Garlic-Herb bread crumbs
1 tsp. onion soup mix (optional)
1 egg beaten
As much chopped lettuce as you desire.
1 Tbsp of gratted cheddar or cheddar colby mix cheese per person
Make the sauce and toss in fridge. Beat egg in large bowl, add ground turkey meat, add bread crumbs, onion soup mix (or salt and pepper), and bacon bits. Take off rings and mix with your hands and form into 4 patties.
Toss onto a hot frying pan, brown both sides, maybe 2 minutes each side or more. Reduce heat and cook, covered if you want, until center is no longer pink. I am bad at times because I cook from my brain, sorry.
So if you serve this on lettuce with 2 Tbs. special sauce spooned on top and cheese sprinkled on top, you are looking at 5.5 pt.s This is for one patty and 2 hefty Tbs. of Special Sauce. I ate a patty on my fave sliced sourdough bread which is 6 points per slice! That's a lot! That means I was looking at 11.5 points per serving! So I would reccomend serving this over a bed of lettuce.
My husband loved it and ate 2 patties and 2 slices of bread earning him 23 points!!! That is more than I am allowed to eat on Weight Watchers for the whole day, asshole.

2 comments:

Nekidduk said...

LOL!! Charlotte...you are already smokin' hot! But keep this coming! You know I'm a cooking idiot and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you've done the WW points math for me.

Charlotte said...

Oh good I am glad somebody finds it useful. Bear with me, I realize I forgot to write to sprinkle the cheese on your salad. I cook from my head so it's taking discipline on my part to remember measurements, times and directions.